Following the RDC Meetings which were held in Daegu at the time of the World Championships, I am forwarding to you the list of courses that the IAAF Member Services Department has tentatively confirmed for 2012/2013 subject to IAAF funding and a final meeting with OAA in October 2011. Please note that we are still to make a choice between the Strength and Conditioning Seminar and the Chief Youth Academy Coach
Any comments regarding the list of courses would be appreciated along with additional suggestions for 2014 before the courses are forwarded to Member Federations.
1. CECS II – Lecturers Course
April 2012 – Auckland, New Zealand
Course Funded by Athletics New Zealand and New Zealand Olympic Committee
2. Educational Camp, Junior Athletes attending World Junior Championships –Barcelona – lecturers to be confirmed
June-July 2012- Cairns, Australia
This camp will precede the World Junior Championships and will be for athletes and coaches from Oceania Island Federations who have been selected to compete at these championships. The athletes will live, train and compete under the guidance of a management team appointed by the Oceania Athletics Association but will continue to represent their own Federations in the competition.
3. CECS III – Jumps – lecturer to be confirmed
September 2012 – Gold Coast, Australia
4. High Level Seminar for Coaches
Strength and Conditioning – lecturer to be confirmed
This course is designed to assist National Coaches in specific Strength and Conditioning Methods.
Chief Youth Academy Coach
5. Women’s Activity – lecturers to be confirmed
27-28 June 2012 – Cairns, Australia
6. Development Strategy Seminar – Team Management
26 June 2012 – Cairns, Australia
7. CECSII Refresher Course
8. TOECS Level 1 Lecturers Course
Course can only be conducted if there is funding available from NOC’s and Member Federations as this is not an IAAF funded course.
1. Development Strategy Seminar –lecturer/s to be confirmed
February 2013 – Nadi, Fiji Islands
2. RWJECS Level II Course – lecturer to be confirmed
March 2013 – Gold Coast, Australia
3. CECS IV – Sprints / Hurdles – lecturers to be confirmed
May 2013 – Gold Coast, Australia
Previous CECSIII Sprints/Hurdles course held in August 2008.
4. Schools/Youth Project – lecturer/s to be confirmed
July, 2013 – Gold Coast, Australia
5. Competition Organisation Seminar – lecturer to be confirmed
September 2013 – Gold Coast, Australia
Previous Competition Organisation Seminar held in November 2008
1. CECS IV – Middle/Long Distance – lecturers to be confirmed
May 2014 – Gold Coast, Australia
Previous CECSIII Sprints/Hurdles course held in September 2008